Sunday, February 19, 2012

When a Simple Mint Crisp Reaches Perfection...

So by now, it should be quite obvious, that I greatly enjoy fine chocolates. In most cases, I prefer the pure form, with no other flavors added, and I also prefer dark chocolate to other styles.

Every now and then, a chocolatier comes along who creates a flavor combination which I find irresistible.

And Bendicks does that again and again.



Bendicks was founded in 1930 by Mr Oscar Benson and Colonel "Bertie" Dickson as a small confectionery in the Kensington neighborhood of London.

While they have produced some other flavor combinations to great success, they are primarily known for their range of premium dark chocolate mints.

They treat fine ingredients not as an indulgence, but as a necessity. They use a minimum of 50% cocoa solids in their mint crisps creating a rich and complex chocolate. Crisp handmade honeycomb pieces are then enrobed in this chocolate and infused with natural peppermint oil.

It is nothing less than the perfect mint crisp, artfully balancing chocolate, mint and crisp.

Before I found these, I would never have thought of keeping a chocolate mint on hand, but now that I have tried these, it almost seems unthinkable not to have some around the house all the time.

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment