Thursday, February 23, 2012

Chocolate and Ginger Perfection...

Like their Bitterorange and Bitterginger, Bendicks has decided to discontinue their Chocolate Gingers as well, to focus on their mint chocolates.

I don't think I ever thought much about ginger until recently. And once I'd discovered it as small bits in a ginger cookie, or other sweet treat, it is hard to imagine what life was like before I discovered the joy of real ginger.

Bendicks managed to create an amazing confection which the most discerning ginger lover would find amazing.




Bendicks was founded in 1930 by Mr Oscar Benson and Colonel "Bertie" Dickson as a small confectionery in the Kensington neighborhood of London.

While primarily known for their range of premium dark chocolate mints, which I have recently written about, Bendicks as also explored other flavor combinations, most notably ginger and dark chocolate.

One of these was Chocolate Gingers. Bendicks took the finest Austrian Buderim stem ginger and lightly covered it in chocolate before enrobing in rich dark chocolate containing 50% cocoa solids.

The result in each case was nothing slight of a heavenly experience of flavor.

There is no doubt in my mind that they will be missed by others, just as they will be missed by me. Until then, I will seek out what remains from those stockists which have carried these two exceptional products and enjoy them to the last, after which time I will continue to enjoy the exceptional chocolate mints which Bendicks continues to produce.

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment