Monday, February 13, 2012

Once a Classic, Always a Classic...

In my quest for my perfect fragrance, or fragrances as is my case, I sometimes run into some which have been along longer than most European nations.

One fragrance which I came across a few years back was Floris Limes Eau de Toilette. For those unfamiliar with Eau de Toilette, it is a more concentrated fragrance than Cologne and less concentrated than Perfume.



Floris was founded in 1730 by Juan Famenias Floris and his wife Elizabeth.

One of the oldest fragrances in their product line today is Limes Eau de Toilette. It was created by Juan Floris in 1790 to fight the oppressive heat of London in the summer.

Limes is comes at you with a vibrant burst of the zest of lemon, accompanied by petitgrain, an essential oil extracted from the green twigs of the bitter orange plant. This introduces the refreshing heart of lime blossom, neroli and lily of the valley, which are sustained by a musky base.

Even 220 years after its creation, Limes has remained one of the great classic fragrances for men. In July 2009 it was recommended by Esquire as "a pure blast of summer citrus," "[a] fragrance for hot summer nights in the city." That year it also was shortlisted for Classic Fragrance of the Year in the UK Beauty Awards.

This is a fragrance which was created in the days before daily, or even weekly bathing, as a way to feel refreshed. In the summer stench of the late 18th century city, Limes provided a much needed relief. And today it does the same, even with our improved and modern hygiene.

When I wear Limes, even in the semi-tropical humid heat of the Mid-Atlantic coast of America, I feel cooler and prepared to stay smelling clean and fresh no matter how hot the summer will get.

And while I enjoy a variety of fragrances for a variety of seasons, Limes is my heavy artillery for feeling my best when Summer serves up its worst.

All Rights Reserved.


No comments:

Post a Comment