Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Sasanqua Spa... Relaxation on the Kiawah River

The most recent spa I have had the pleasure to visit was the Sasanqua Spa. A private spa on Kiawah Island, it offers spectacular service in a unique environment.

Sasanqua Spa
Photo Courtesy Sasanqua Spa

Designed by Clodagh on a quiet peninsula overlooking the Kiawah River, the building is pile supported, and wood clad. Inside, stone marble and cypress flooring is used, along with teak decks and handrails. The six treatment rooms have ceramic tile floors as well as cypress floors and ceilings, and feature stunning views of the Lowcountry marsh grasses and river beyond.

The men's and ladies' lounge areas offer multi-head showers, private outdoor whirlpools, steam rooms and saunas. There are also co-ed lounges, a outdoor sanctuary with an adjacent co-ed whirlpool.

Entrance Hallway leading to Changing Rooms
Photo Courtesy Sasanqua Spa

From the moment you arrive you are treated like an honored guest, and while I was there felt as if I was the only person in the place, with only occasional glimpses of other guests. Once you have changed into the robe and slippers which are provided, you are allowed to rest in your lounge area until your massage therapist is ready.

Men's Lounge Area
Photo Courtesy Sasanqua Spa

The treatment rooms overlook the Kiawah River with beautiful views, but to be honest I was so lost in the relaxation of my massage that I could have been anywhere. I am pretty sure I even fell asleep at one point, which for me was a very good sign of a magnificently relaxing massage.

Co-ed Whirlpool
Photo Spa Management Journal

After my massage I made use of the whirlpool, steam room and sauna before I finally decided it was time to head home.

Ladies Deck
Photo Cindi Hobgood

I can't say enough about this amazing spa and hope that I will be able to make this a regular part of my trips to Kiawah in the future.

For more information contact the Kiawah Island Club.

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment