Friday, March 9, 2012

Ginger Is Perfect with Breakfast...

For those who have been following my blog, you will have realized that I do love my ginger. And I mean the plant, not those lovely ladies with red hair, though I do have an acknowledged soft spot for Amy Adams. But enough of that nonsense...

After my recent adventure writing about Tiptree's Black Currant preserve, I decided to explore some other offerings in their range of preserves. The one which immediately struck my eye was their Ginger preserve.

With the first mouthful, I was immediately captivated and what I intended to be two pieces of toast with Ginger preserves turned into four pieces!

Tiptree Ginger Preserve on Toast
Tiptree was founded by Arthur Charles Wilkin in the village of Tiptree in the south eastern English countryside of Essex in 1885.

As new varieties were added the distinction between jams made with home grown fruit "conserve" and foreign produce "preserve" was made, but in America there is a preference to the term Preserve, which is found on Tiptree packaging exported here.

Tiptree's Ginger preserve was first offered in 1905 and is made from sugar and ginger, as well as pectin and  sodium citrate. The Ginger originally came from China, as this was supposed to be the best source of Ginger at that time.

Tiptree is committed to using the best fruit available, so they now source their Buderim Ginger from Yandina, Australia, on Queensland's beautiful Sunshine Coast.

And from the time you open the jar, you immediately notice the whole chucks of ginger in the preserve.

These preserves are an amazing combination of sweet mixed with spicy ginger, free of glucose, artificial coloring and preservatives. It is what Preserves were meant to be, and what they still are if you take some time to look.

And Ginger, in addition to being delicious, is also acknowledged to be effective in the treatment of nausea. 

My mouth is watering right now, and as soon as I am finished writing this, I'll be enjoying another piece of toast Tiptree's Ginger preserves, a new favorite I'm sorry it took me this long to discover.

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment