Wednesday, September 6, 2017

A Gentleman's Barber... Truefitt and Hill

Before I departed for London, I knew I needed to get a haircut, but decided instead of doing this in the States, I'd try something new, this trip I'd make a visit to a barber in London. Not any barber, but one my Uncle had pointed out to me on a much earlier visit to the city. So on my arrival in London, I made a point on that first day to visit the gentleman barbers, Truefitt & Hill. Located in St. James Street, they were established in 1805 and today it is the world's oldest barbershop. I've been familiar, and a regular purchaser of, their products in the States, so I decided to make a point of experiencing their barbershop experience first hand.



From the moment I entered the front door, to the moment I left their premises, I experienced a first class barbershop experience, which I have been close to achieving in the States, but have never reached this level of service.


I enjoyed a haircut by one of their master barbers and can't say enough how much I enjoyed the experience. This is one shop I will plan to visit at the beginning of each of my future visits to London to get myself looking top drawer for my time in the city.

For more information see their website at https://www.truefittandhill.co.uk/

Note: They have also opened shops in Chicago, IL, Warren, NJ, and Washington, DC, none of which I have had the pleasure of visiting at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment