Monday, January 16, 2012

And so we shall begin...

With the beginning of another year I feel the urge to somehow make resolutions to somehow improve myself over my previous, well no need to say how many previous years, lets just say previous years...
If we are to believe the Mayan calendar and those who have somehow deciphered those images, this is either to be our last year, or it's going to be time to buy a new calendar. They sure don't makes things last like they used to do they?
For that past year I have endeavored to to not make Facebook my personal soapbox, and I do hope that I have succeeded in doing that. To those who have felt I have failed in that one task, I'm glad I didn't give myself more tasks for the past year...
So what shall I endeavor to accomplish this year?
This year I am going to try to live with some style and grace which we may have lost in our attempts to reach the moon and destroy the Deathstar. A loss of personality and sincerity in the quest to save trees by sending everything as a series of zeros and ones through cyberspace. A loss of our own economy by buying five for the price of one from China. A loss of so much for so little.
If the Mayan's are right, I'm going to live this year in style, with elegance and grace and enjoy every last day.
And if they are wrong, it's still going to be my best year yet!

And so begins, not only this new year, but this blog as well...

All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment